With tender pieces of crispy chicken and a sweet sauce coating the whole dish, this quick and easy paleo meal will become a family favorite in no time!
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Servings 3 servings
- Calories 399 kcal
- 1/3 cup cassava flour
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons whipped egg whites
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon mirin omit for Whole30
- 1 tablespoon honey OR a few drops stevia OR for Whole30 use 2 tablespoons apple or pineapple puree or juice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coating ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until fluffy, set aside.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients, set aside.
- Preheat a heavy bottomed large skillet over medium heat ( I love cast iron for crisping foods!)
- Prepare your assembly line: chicken, egg whites, coating.
- Once your pan is preheated, add 2 tablespoons coconut oil, swirling to coat pan evenly.
- Dip chicken in the egg whites, then the coating, placing coated pieces into the hot pan. Do not overcrowd the chicken or it will not crisp properly, work in batches if necessary.
- Let the first side brown, then using tongs, flip the chicken pieces over to crisp the other side, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Once the chicken is crisped and cooked through, pour the sauce into the hot pan, stirring to release any bits. Let it simmer about a minute to reduce, then stir your chicken back into the sauce, coating evenly.